We will be visiting Edgbaston Reservoir, and learning about Buddhist perspectives on the environment – all welcome.
A bonus spring walk (in addition to our annual summer one), to celebrate being able to get outdoors once more, connect with our local environment, and learn about local faith & low-carbon initiatives.
We will meet at the Buddhist Vihara Peace Pagoda, on Osler St. Then Tahir Parvaz (TAWS) and Sam Ewell (Companions for Hope) will lead a walk around the reservoir (around an hour at a leisurely pace), including showing us the gardening project.
We will then finish up back at the Pagoda where Dr Maung Maung Kyi will show us round and tell us about Buddhist teachings on care of the environment. There will be tea provided, please bring cakes or biscuits to share if you can. Toilets will be available at this point.
Children are welcome and are the responsibility of parents or carers.
Places are limited, so please register in advance:
We will be observing Covid guidelines under stage 3 of the government roadmap, including:
- The event will take place outdoors;
- Maximum 30 participants;
- Please maintain friendly social distancing from anyone outside your household / bubble.
Getting to the Buddhist Pagoda:
- Bus route number 80 stops on Icknield Port Road by Osler St.
- Cycle access via NCR5 exit at Icknield Port Loop.
- Parking on Osler Street – usually a quiet street.
Photos taken by Peter Rookes.