Footsteps member Kamran Shezad will be one of the speakers at this event which we are supporting, organised by Brum Climate Justice Coalition. We also plan to have a stall.
We Make Tomorrow’, hosted by Brum CJC, is a half day conference organised in anticipation of the COP28 climate protests that will be taking place around the world later this year.
Bringing together climate justice activists, trade unionists and social justice campaigners, the event will explore questions about how we orientate ourselves towards a more positive future for people and planet in the face of growing inequality, injustice, war and climate and environmental breakdown.
How can we can bring about real change? Join us to discuss how we can strengthen links between people and between organisations so that we can help to build a movement capable of forging a just transition, at a local and a global level.
Whether new to the movement or a seasoned campaigner, everyone is welcome!
(Please note timetable changes)
- 10:45 – 11:15 – Registration
- 11:15 – 12:30 – Opening Plenary
- 12:30 – 1:30 – Lunch
- 1:30 – 2:30 – Workshops
- 2:30 – 3:45 – Closing Plenary
- Asad Rehman, Director, War on Want
- Mus Dar, activist and campaigner
- Kamran Shezad, Bahu Trust
- Suzanne Jeffery – co-author of the Climate Jobs report
- Trade Union speaker from Global South country (to be announced)