Footsteps is inviting you to a workshop to share learning about saving energy at faith buildings and the part that initial energy assessments play.
The workshop will be in-person at the Al-Madhi Institute in Birmingham and online on Zoom. The Al-Mahdi Institute (AMI) provides an open platform for critical Muslim scholarship through its education, research and outreach initiatives and provides a platform for diverse religious voices to learn from one another.
The Al-Mahdi Institute, as part of its faith-based concern to reduce its energy use, invited Footsteps to undertake an energy assessment of its buildings and find ways to reduce energy consumption. The workshop will include the Al-Madhi Insititute explaining how it benefited from the energy assessment and how it is now able to take steps to reduce energy use.
BCF Footsteps – Faiths for a Low Carbon Future is Birmingham’s interfaith sustainability and climate justice group. Over the past two years it has undertaken, In collaboration with Ecobirmingham, 15 faith building energy assessments across a range of Birmingham’s 700+ faith community buildings. Each building and congregation faces different challenges in taking its energy saving work forward.
Speakers will include:
- Phil Beardmore, Ecobirmingham & Energy Confidence – the part energy assessments play in achieving faith building energy
- Chris Martin, Footsteps Secretary – faith buildings and new Footsteps Birmingham faith community map
- Al-Madhi Insitute and from other places of worship that have benefited from assessments
- Q & A session with speakers to share experiences and challenges
At 6.30 pm Tour for face-to-face participants of the Al-Madhi Insititute highlighting energy saving opportunities identified. Lead by Phil Beardmore and Rukhsana Bhanji.
Join us to learn more about:
- how energy assessment can help reduce energy use at your place of worship,
- our experience of involving congregations and leaders in the assessments and planning,
- the benefits of taking an interfaith approach and learning from each other,
- how to arrange an energy assessment for your faith building in Birmingham.